Denise Charlton is a non-executive director, working with organisations on strategic management, organisational development, leadership development and professional/ team coaching.
She helps identify strategic opportunities and works with clients to develop a clear vision of what can be achieved. She provides project planning and management, team and leadership development and the use of strategic communications. She has a keen interest and advises national and internationally in the areas of migration and integration, anti-discrimination and diversity, LGBT rights, gender equality, with a specific focus on gender based violence.
- 30 years’ experience of leading voluntary organisations at local, national and EU level
- In depth experience initiating, overseeing and providing management supports for EU funded projects
- Financial management of organisations, inclusive of funding strategies
- Experienced coach providing support to leadership roles
- Supporting organisations with strategic planning and organisational and or transitional change management
- Experienced spokesperson and media commentator
- Involved in leadership of many campaigns which effective social change in area of LGBT rights, Migrant rights, gender based violence and children’s rights.
- Advocate for over 30 years, achieving legislative change in the area of domestic violence, prostitution and sex trafficking, and sexual exploitation of children.
- Co-founder and Board member of Marriage Equality, the organisation that worked to achieved equal marriage rights in Ireland
- Devised and delivered Leadership for Change and Transition Programme for CEOs and senior managers of human rights organisations (Leadership for Change and Transition, Campaigning for Change)
- In depth experience working at Board level, locally, nationally and at EU level